April 11, 2016 5:01 am
• Green Goods – Earth Day may be near the end of April, but retailers use the entire month to promote green goodies, offering special deals on organic foods, natural beauty items and other earth-friendly goods for the home and garden.
• Restaurant Freebies – There are some savings available on Tax Day, when many restaurants offer free food incentives, including no-cost appetizers, beverages or desserts when you order a meal. Watch the ads in your local paper for offers in your community.
• Small Kitchen Appliances – Wedding season is around the corner, and the best deals are available now on toasters, coffeemakers, hand mixers, blenders and more.
• Vacuums and Cleaning Supplies – With spring cleaning in mind, prices go down on vacuum cleaners and other hard and soft cleaning goods in April. Look online, as well as in retail shops, for the best buys on the equipment you need.
• Winter Wear – With cold weather on the way out, retailers are clearing out winter clothing and accessories to make room for spring and summer styles. With a little due diligence, you may be able to score clearance winter goods at more than 50 percent off.
Which items should you delay purchasing?
• Grills – It’s tempting to want to start grilling as soon as the weather begins to warm up, but the best buys on grills and grilling gear are in May and June, experts say.
• Mattresses – You’ll start to see them go on sale in April, but the experts recommend waiting until May or June for deeper discounts—sometimes as much as 60 percent off original prices.
• Refrigerators – The new models come out in June, so wait a month and look for sales of as much as 25 percent off on this year’s models then.
Published with permission from RISMedia.