701 W. Market Street
Perkasie, PA 18944
Phone: 215-453-7653 x1125
Office Phone: 215-453-7653
< Back to Perkasie PA Real Estate News
August 11, 2015 1:48 am
When was the last time you looked up and pondered the color of your ceiling? Switching up a ceiling color is a quick redesign that can revitalize the appearance of an entire room, says Sara McClean, Dunn-Edwards Paints color expert. Pick up a gallon of paint and give it a try – it's a fun and easy DIY project!
Some options to consider:
• Paint the ceiling the same color as the walls for a rich, inviting atmosphere.
• Use lighter or darker shades of the wall color to create a soothing space with extra depth.
• Incorporate a darker ceiling color than the wall color creates a cozier environment - great for powder rooms, bathrooms or bedrooms.
• For tall ceilings, extend the ceiling color a few feet down the walls to make the room feel more intimate.
• For a coffered ceiling, paint color between the coffers for extra drama and sophistication.
• Paint the ceiling a completely different color to add flair. Use accent colors from area rugs, art and other decor pieces to tie it in.
• A white ceiling with white walls creates an airy, open area. Try warm, neutral palettes like soft white or ivory rather than stark white.
• Thinking about going bold on the wall color? Then paint the ceiling white so the effect isn't overwhelming.
• Painting the ceiling a light, soft blue gives the illusion of sky.
• Add a metallic or pearlescent finish to the ceiling to create a regal, marble-like facade.
Source: Dunn-Edwards Paints
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2018 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
|Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated |
RE/MAX 440, PA